Bishop of the Diocese of Roseau Bishop Gabriel Malzaire, releases updated guidelines to the Covid19 Pandemic, describes these times as being “challenging”, and is calling on persons to stay home
The Diocesan Church has released its updated guidelines to the Covid19 Pandemic. This update was presented by the Bishop of the Diocese of Roseau, Bishop Malzaire, describing these times as “challenging”. The Bishop wished to appeal to all and sundry to practice respiratory etiquette and calls on persons to stay home.
The Bishop listed updates to the church’s guidelines, which are;
1. All church gatherings are suspended.
2. No more than 10 persons attend church, and the time will have to be reasonably short.
3. Holy Chrism will take place at the cathedral chapel Wed. April 8th with a group of the clergy.
4. The ‘Lord’s Super’ the Lord’s Passion, Easter Vigil, as well as Easter Sunday masses will take place with no more than 10 persons.
5. Sunday Masses and Holy week will be carried live on radio as well as television and social media.
6. Persons are dispensed from their Sunday obligations and make spiritual communion via television, radio, or other social media.
7. The youth official is closed until further notice.
He says we are familiar with challenges, and referenced biblical scripture,“for your sake we are being massacred daily, and reckoned as sheep for the slaughter. These are trials through which we will triumph.”
Bishop of the Diocese of Roseau, Bishop Gabriel Malzaire
Current and past news stories.