Castle Bruce MP announces nine San Sauveur families displaced by TS Erika entered new homes on Thursday
Hon Johnson Drigo, Parliamentary Representative for the castle Bruce constituency announces nine families have entered their new homes in San Sauveur on Thursday, from 25th February, 2016.
After Tropical Storm Erika, a landslide in that community claimed the lives of three residents and since then Mr. Drigo’s objective was to provide safer housing for residents in conditions that were considered unstable.
Drigo said “I am happy to report that nine families who were affected by the disaster are in their houses today and they are extremely happy. I am also happy because this is one of the projects on which I was involved from inception and I am happy with it- its completion and the quality of work,” he told media. “The contractors employed quite a number of young people who were being trained on the job This project was very significant for the people of the San Sauveur, Petite Soufriere, Good Hope area.”
According to the residents who are currently in their new homes told media, they now sleep better at night.
Current and past news stories.